20 May 2013

Cookbook Review: Cooking Light's Cooking through the Seasons

I have a lot of cookbooks, and I say a lot because I haven't actually counted. Many obscure, many foreign and well, just many. Books and cookbooks alike are an addiction, but this is the first Cooking Light book I've been willing to purchase. Why did I cave? Because Cooking Light makes good food healthy.

First, it's beautiful. The photography isn't overdone and yet so appealing. For the past few months I've been experimenting with Cooking Light recipes, often altering them to make them my own, or using ingredients I have on hand. Even if I don't use the recipe, the ideas are worth buying the magazine - I didn't always feel that way.

Cooking Light has only recently been on my list of favorites, and whatever they are doing is obviously working. I'm looking forward to trying recipes from this book throughout the next month and getting ideas for my own recipes. I will share my discoveries from this book, and look forward to hearing what others have to say after trying it out.

Cooking through the Seasons is quite literally that - a cookbook with fresh and seasonal recipes. They've gone a step further though because this food isn't boring, and to be quite honest, it's one of the best cookbooks I've seen in awhile that focuses on healthy balanced eating. It's not just for vegetarians or for omnivores-it's for the masses, and the team of chefs and staff at Cooking Light have impressed this author, and it's my hope they continue.

1 comment:

  1. I have a lot of cookbooks, too, and haven't really used them (hanging head in shame!), primarily because of the picky eaters and those that have severe food allergies in the family. Life style is changing again, so maybe I'll get to try some things.

    ReplyDelete