06 May 2013

Restaurant Review: Tigh na Sgiath, Inverness-shire, Scotland

Tigh na Sgiath-Photo by MK
Heaven seems so far out of reach at times, until you are sitting down in a cozy and elegant dining room and a charming server sets a plate in front of you, filled with some of the most delectable creations you've ever had. In the heart of the Scottish highlands is Tigh na Sgiath, a country house hotel with the most fabulous chef I've ever had the experience to meet.
Chef Elaine McDonald-Coulter is a magician in the kitchen creating succulent entrees and mouth-watering desserts, you'll not give one thought to anything but the pleasure of that moment. She even made simple toast (served before my full Scottish breakfast) somehow taste better than any I've ever had. Her Highland Lamb is oh so tender, and what she can do with the most common of fowl is amazing.

A well-deserved, "Gold Plate" dining award winner! I believe you haven't lived until you've experienced dining at Tigh na Sgiath.

Note: A few of her delicious recipes are listed on their website.

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice.I would definitely like to make my table reservations here. Frankly speaking I really liked the site and the building as well.

    ReplyDelete